UPDATE: This position has been filled.
Since 1990 Davies & Associates has provided accounting and business advisory services to clients in Kingston and the surrounding area. We are recognized leaders in helping businesses and business owners build strong, resilient organizations that thrive and flourish. With a strong emphasis on leadership development and coaching, the team at Davies & Associates helps individuals and teams thrive and businesses succeed. Building close relationships with our clients is key to our success as we continue to grow our client base in Eastern Ontario.
We are seeking a Public Accounting Technician to fill a permanent position on our team.
You are seeking a dynamic role as an experienced technician/analyst. You are someone who is known for your strong technical skills, your dedication to completing tasks in a timely manner and your high regard for thoroughness and detail. You are confident in your abilities and have always found satisfaction in being held accountable for the work you do. You enjoy working with people and helping clients solve their business, bookkeeping and accounting challenges.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in public accounting
• Must have experience with tax preparation and accounting software (QuickBooks, QBO, Sage)
• Superior knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications
• Knowledge of payroll, T4 & T5 preparation, WSIB reconciliation, HST return preparation and reconciliation
• Excellent customer service skills
• Enthusiastic and positive approach to work
• Exceptional attention to detail and proven organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
• Prepare audit, review and compilation files, including drafting of financial statements
• Prepare personal and corporate income tax returns
• Understand accounting and assurance engagement concepts
• Effectively communicate with clients in order to complete engagements efficiently
If you think that you might like to join our team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, however, will only contact those under consideration.